GICS works to improve cancer care systems and services in the
Grampians region. We act as a catalyst for and driver of change in partnership
with the community, public and private health services providers.
Improving patient experiences and outcomes by connecting cancer care and driving best practice across the Grampians region
We will achieve our mission by
- Understanding the needs of people affected by cancer
- Building and supporting collaboration between health professionals, health services and consumers
- Driving quality improvement in cancer care
- Supporting development of the cancer workforce
- Facilitating system wide engagement in cancer research
Improving Cancer Support Services across the Grampians Region of Victoria
Our region stretches from the South Australian border in the west to Melton in the east and from Edenhope to Hopetoun in the north. The area covers almost 50,000 square kilometres and a population of nearly 220,000 people.
Grampians Integrated Cancer Service acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government